Home

Search This Blog

Music + Music

I'm currently working on a list of concerts I want to attend this year. My boyfriend suggested a while back that I started using Pollstar to keep track of my concerts and it was an amazing tip. Itr works much better than the Ticket Master notices and you can keep track very easly of all bands coming into town and all your favorite bands through e-mail or online. Here is how the list looks like right now:

February:

Ke$ha
Rooney

March:

John Caparullo
Cold War Kids
Scissor Sisters
The Constellations
Foster the People

 April:

Bill Mahr in Boulder, CO

June:

Bright Eyes
The Decemberists and Mumford & Sons at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival

July:
Mile High Music Festival

August:

Lollapalooza in Chicago

If I can see half of these performances I'd be very happy! I'm curious also about how/what I can add to this list...I'd really love to see The Black Keys and The Arcade Fire this year.

Last weekend we saw DevotchKa at The Fillmore in Denver, it reminded me how much I hate that theater - it's incredibly old and they do not have any ventilation system - so, it's always super hot and uncomfortable inside. Every time I step inside The Fillmore, I start sweating, my hair gets completely wet, and it’s just a disgusting experience.

The surprise of the night was a rock-mariachi band from LA - Mariachi El Bronx – that was actually quiet entertaining. We did not take many pictures, since this time, we were trying to cool off at the back of the theater.
Mariachi El Bronx


The only picture we have from DevotchKa


No comments:

Post a Comment