Home

Search This Blog

Move 2 Denver!

Since we moved to Denver, we have started a campaign to get all our family to move too. Not only this is such a happy, bright place, we think we should share with everybody how life changes if you live in a place that's not cold and dark all year-round (take that New Jersey!). 

Yesterday I was driving around with the sunroof open, 60 degrees out and the sun shining strong! It's February, for God's sake. Do you know how impressive that is for someone who spent 10 years in the dark of the East Coast?

Not only that's a place that makes you unhappy and depressed but it promotes bone loss. And I'm not kidding. During my last visit to the doctor, we found out I - in my 20's, I must add - have bone loss in my knees and in my jaw. I have to take Calcium (pills and chewable) and Vitamin D everyday to prevent it to become worse. When I asked how that was possible, the doctor blamed it on New Jersey! All those year without any sunshine can really hurt you!

Here is a comparison on how the average temperature in Denver is usually higher than NYC all year long:


This was one of the biggest selling points for us, before deciding to move. 

What we didn't know? 

That Denver has more than 300 days on sunshine in one year - that's more than San Diego! That I would forget what's wind and windy weather, that I would not suffer with humidity anymore (my hair is very thankful), now we suffer with dryness - which is unbelievably more pleasant. That I would go more than six months without seeing any rain! In other words: a dream!

Denver does not have a world of things to do compared to New York. But in New York, for most days it's impossible, and very unpleasant, to be out and I'd choose to stay at home, comfortable, than to be miserable outdoors, therefore missing on a lot of opportunities to have fun. Here, there isn't much to do, but I can be out all the time. I'm able to experience the little available and all of it and I never choose to be at home anymore. 

It's just a huge change of lifestyle. 

Denver has a huge influx of people from other states. You just need to drive around to see the amount of car plates from California, for example. It's a similar lifestyle, the weather is amazing all year round, it's a very free state and way cheaper to live than California!

For anyone who decides to move to Denver, I'd recommend the folks at  Move2Denver , they are super helpful and can walk you through the path to find your dream home. Right now, they are holding a beautiful house open, it's located by the 9th Street Light Rail Station (which means a huge investment because of the new trends of bye-bye car culture, hello mass transportation!).  

I've been posting on their Facebook Page for the past month about tips for new, young couples to find their dream home and interior design/home decor tips and it has been a blast! 
You can like Move2Denver on Facebook by clicking here!

I have received a load of home/furniture stores catalogs this week and will spend the weekend going through them and doing research on new home design trends and share it with you soon!

In the mean time, let me go out and enjoy a little sunshine! 
;)


Follow @Move2Denver on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment