Home

Search This Blog

It made my week

Oh, my beloved Friday! I missed you! This was a long and, for the most part, miserable week. I had multiple panic and anxiety attacks with all the crap that happened and I could not be more thrilled it’s Friday! Oh, the dreams of freedom (a.k.a. weekend)!

What was interesting this week if that I noticed I’m a little bit promiscuous when it comes to color. Let me explain:

I develop a serious love story with certain colors. At a specific moment, not long ago, I loved mustard. I loved mustard so much that now I have a wardrobe that's filled with mustard pieces. The problem is, when that love is gone, I have all the reminders of that color that, now, makes me sick.

That's probably what's happening with the green and yellow at home. Yesterday I received a few of the pieces I got at the Crate & Barrel sale. They look great and today I'm completely in love with them. But I can already see that in a few months I'll not be able to stay inside my own home and I'll disappear with these pieces. Because, then, my love will be for the color peach!

Here are a few things that made my week:

-          Crate and Barrel delivered lovely, beautiful yellow and green pieces this week. I need to finish up the living room this Saturday and next week I’ll be posting pictures of my inspirations and the results.

[Bamboo, green and yellow plates + green wall clock]
-          Unknown was the movie of choice for our, now traditional, Thursday Movie night. I always fell bad for Liam Neeson, he lost his wife, remember? So I support his movies in return! Hehe! Just kidding. I love that he is super bad ass in all his movies.


           - 5280 Best Breakfasts in Town issue. It was a delight to receive the magazine this week. Right way we opened it and read the whole Best Breakfasts in town feature, specially because I’ve been dreaming of finding a place like Urth CafĂ© in Colorado and despite this been one of the most fit states in the country, all breakfasts joints are a little lame and tend to be he-men and not healthy places with freshly squeezed orange – carrots – beats juice!

I can't wait to try all the good Breakfasts places in town!

Plans for the weekend?

I’ll have a very busy and interesting time to make up for the misery of the week that passed. So, I’m attending the Rooney concert tonight at a new (to me) venue – The Marquis in Denver. Tomorrow I’m working on making our place pretty the whole day because we will – for the first time – host guests for a pizza party. I love to entertain, but in back in the East Coast I did not have the space and here in Denver, I don’t have the friends just yet. So, I invited a couple of people from work and we will bake pizzas and drink caipirinhas all night. On Sunday – I have not decided if I’m hosting an Oscar party for two! Hehe! Let’s see what surprises the weekend brings!

Have a happy and full of movies and good food week!

4 comments:

Louise said...

My fear Vanessa is I will start hating the natural colors that I have painted the interior of this house. I will not repaint in a few months. The new stuff looks great, can't wait to see it. I am on call so my weekend is work or homework. Big test Tuesday, paper due and a bunch of reading. Going back into work at 11pm so your weekend looks fantastic enjoy it. Find a good place for breakfast please, when we get there my diet stops for a few day. I want food.

That's a First said...

That's my fear too! It's the reason why I never change the paint. I'm sure I would hate it after a few days. Now, colorful pillows, I can pack them away and never see them again! Hehehe! :)

Kathy said...

I have the "problem" too.....but found that as long as you have basic white plates, you're fine....I just pulled out these 70's style plates(turquoise/mustard) that I bought back in the early 90's and was sick of about 3 months later...now I can't stop staring at them and use them every night..crisp white banished for now....
Great blog...following now...k

That's a First said...

Hehehe! Thanks, Kathy! Welcome to our little home!

Post a Comment