Home

Search This Blog

Beach love - Part 1

One of the most challenging tasks that a girl has to face in the spring – because it’s spring time in Denver already! \O/ – it is to choose decent swimwear! And the best time to do that is approaching. As a rule, it’s a very bad idea to buy swimwear before Spring Break. Let the children go and buy expensive swimwear so they can head to warm locations and have crazy fun. After that’s done, we (mortals), can head to the swimwear stores and benefit from tons of great discounts.

Basically, that’s how I shop for anything really. I wait until it’s incredibly off-season and buy from patio furniture (in the winter) to winter jackets (in the summer). It’s always more affordable and you’d have had lots of time to think about the topic and make your decisions. That’s what constitutes a smart purchase!

Since I’m heading to Maceió, located in the most northeast coast of Brasil, in late April – six weeks away, baby! – I’m on a hunt for good, decent, proper swimwear and here is what I found so far:



1. Victoria Secrets' Cover Up dress - I love the print  more than anything.

But I think the winner is this one:


Carmen Marc Valvo "Kenya" One Piece
It's simple, black and will hide all I need to be hiden. It's a winner!

4 comments:

Mildred said...

Very nice :) I really love #4, too! But that would leave funny tan lines :| I always wear bikinis taht cover the least possible, while still being appropriate just in case I get a tan while I'm out.

Have fun on vacation!

That's a First said...

Mil, I'm a person that - I could move to the beach - I'd never get a tan. My body rebels against me! :) But I'm in love with a lot of the pieces that look old, 60's and 70's pieces and 80's print...

Unknown said...

That last black piece really is a winner- I had always craved a (red) swimsuit in that style but had never been able to find one within my college-student budget. Then a couple years ago on a the rare trip to Wal*Mart... there it was. For under twenty dollars. In my size. I still can't believe my good fortune.

That's a First said...

Abigail, those are the best purchases, no? When we find something we want and it's incredibly cheap! I love it!

Post a Comment