Home

Search This Blog

Preparing for vacation – 16 days left

It’s time to put a very powerful travel necessaire together. This piece will be with me at all times and will be super helpful during this long journey!

1-     Towelettes, wet wipes and tissues: who wants to be feeling dirty or oily during the trip? The towelettes help clean the hands before and after meals (can I call airplane food “meals”?), cleaning the face, wiping the oil away and tissue is fundamental, always inside any girl’s purse. These are my favorites:

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes – travel size: 10
 Fresh Cotton Wet Wipes Hand & Face by H&M
2-     Toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash and dental floss: after so many hours inside a plane, it’s a courtesy to others sitting around you: please brush your teeth after the meals and after waking up. There is nothing worse than someone with a lion’s breath talking to you! I don’t like to carry my regular size tooth brush and I think that Colgate created the best solutions for travelers!

 Colgate Wisp – it comes in travel size packages and the tooth paste is already applied to the tiny tooth brushes.
Travel size Scope bottle: I love Scope, it’s my favorite mouth wash and I always carry the travel size bottles with me.
  Listerine Cool Mint Oral Care Mist – because you cannot keep going back and forth to the airplane bathroom all the time.


  Glide Crest Deep Clean – I always need to floss!
 Trident Bubble Gum




3-     Sleep Masks and Ear Plug: It’s necessary to have a bottle of Motrin PM, Sleep Masks and Ear Plugs if you want to get any sleep during a long flight. If the flight is during the day, it gets worse.

4-     Make up: Basic make up will help a lot when we are close to land. I carry around:

MAC Studio Fix and Lancome brush – this can fix anybody’s face.
  Bobbi Brown Blush – can be used as blush or as lipstick
 Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hours Lipstick – can survive any flight.
Avene Lip Cream – my favorite lip balm
 Lipsticks: I carry a normal size Elizabeth Arden Red Diamond and a travel size Benefit Lady’s Choice Lana

5-     Hidrate: Because of the altitude your skin can get really, really dry. Try to carry a hand lotion and a face lotion that are light and will help your skin feel delicious. I love:

Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion – this is my favorite body lotion, always very light and I carry one travel size in the necessaire
 Lancome Absolute Premium with SPF 15 – excellent face moisturizer with SPF 15
Bath and Body works body lotion – Orange Ginger – this is very good for the hands, arms and elbows.
Jurlique Rose Hand Cream – amazing rose smell and great hand cream
Genteal Eye Drops – after my surgery I have to use lots of eye drops. Even though I carry Refresh Optive Sensitive for Lazic dryness in my purse at all times, this Genteal is my back up!
Evian Thermal Water – it really hydrates your skin and give you that freshness feeling






6-     Perfume: Now we can carry any perfume anywehere with the roll-on verision of your favorite fragrances. I carry around:
Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Perfume which are very appropriate for the day and not very strong.
 I also carry a Michael Kohrs, just in case…


 
7- Deodorant:

8- Others: it’s always good to have around a lint brush, cotton swabs, hair clips and elastic, extra socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment