Home

Search This Blog

Are you an urbanite or a suburbanite?

I thought it was a funny piece in the latest 5280 magazine: Urbanite vs. Suburbanite. Considering I was born in a city with 3 million people (Campinas), lived 2/3 of my life besides a city with 19 million people (São Paulo), spent another 1/3 of my life in a place with 10 million people (New York) and now moved to a place where only 500 thousand inhabitants live (Denver), I can see my life transitioning from Urbanite to Suburbanite.



Here are my answers to some of these questions:

1-     Twenty Miles is…a one way trip to work and the shortest I ever had in my life.
2-     You secretly think…your city friends are bad with money; they pay rent.
3-     You can’t live without… fresh sushi – oh, Denver, you break my heart!
4-     A bicycle is…a child’s plaything.
5-     Your bumper sticker says…I’m not tacky, so I don’t have a bumper sticker in my beautiful mini – Yes; cars are statements of who you are.
6-     Your most annoying conversational habit is…Telling my friends about the new great Moroccan restaurant (even though I refuse to go to a Moroccan restaurant).
7-     You are cutting it close to dinner downtown and can’t find parking. You…Skip the appetizers and drive around the block 14 times until a spot opens up. I think I have probably driven for over two hours to find a parking spot in NYC. That would just never happen in Denver, we are spoiled here!

No comments:

Post a Comment