Home

Search This Blog

Maceió, AL - Brasil

When we decided to go to Maceió the decision was made based on the following criteria:

- I wanted to go somewhere new, where I had never been before;
- We needed to go to the northeast, where it's very different from the south;
- My mother had never been to the north before, so I wanted to take her with us;
- I wanted to avoid other locations in the northeast I have been before and have not liked so much!

Maceió was, by any means, an excellent choice. It's gorgeous, in a central location, close to plenty of other towns in the state of Alagoas, we could go for day trips and come back to Maceió! The best part was, without a doubt, the visit to the natural pools or sandbars. 

If you go to the beach Pajuçara and rent one of the boats for the day (around $20 per person) you will have your private pilot during the whole trip. The sandbars are located 6km away from the beach and they happen because Maceió has a long line of corals around the coast which  helps create the sandbars. 

You leave in the morning, when the tide is very low and in the middle of the sea, the water will hit your feet. After 12pm the tide start to rise and very quickly you have to leave. By 2pm the sandbars are gone, and we return to the beach. 

We chose a very simple, Brazilian traditional hotel in town. I didn't want my boyfriend to stay in any of the American chains. I wanted him to experience something new and I think I did a good job. The Saint Patrick Praia Hotel is located in the Jatiúca neighborhood, 100m from the beach. It's clean and simple. The service was very pleasant, all employees were super helpful and friendly. They offered breakfast, which I didn't enjoy so much, but I have no complaints. 

Here are a few pictures from Maceió:
























No comments:

Post a Comment