Home

Search This Blog

H&M is coming to Denver!



When I moved to Colorado I was really, really against the decision to do so.  Denver, the only city in a radio of 700 miles (the next city will be Salt Lake City, Las Vegas or Albuquerque…), is small, in the desert and with very limited resources. For a person who comes from a place with 20 million people (São Paulo), even New York is a considerable downgrade – there is nothing open 24 hours. The city that “never” sleeps, sleeps too much for my taste!

In Denver, there is no Trader Joe’s, Bloomingdales, Mango, Ikea, Zara, or my favorite H&M. So, that really made me upset - I was moving to this land of nowhere with very few signs of civilization or, how I call it: living the rural life! What don’t we do for love?

Shortly after we moved, Ikea announced the location to build their first store in Colorado. They initiated construction and will open very, very soon! The blue walls and yellow sign are already up and I can’t wait to go back to Swedish minimalist contemporary furniture land.

After that there were rumors that H&M executives were scouting for store locations in Denver – not hard, it’s not like there are million of options! And 9News Denver found later a job posting for a store manager position for H&M in the Denver area.



Today, my dream comes true and I don’t have to fly to Chicago, LA or NY to finally visit what I consider the best fast-fashion brand available (coincidently, also from Sweden!): H&M is opening a store at the Denver Pavillions in the fall of 2011 – much sooner than I could ever expect! – Thank you, Nicketown, to the hell out of there!

You can follow @hmusa on Twitter for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment