Home

Search This Blog

A walk to remember

Between running to the doctor, participating in the company’s picnic, watching the painful US vs. Mexico Gold Cup final and relaxing by the pool this weekend, I had this brilliant idea: to walk under the 95º sun to the local supermarket in order to buy ingredients for my favorite breakfast sandwich. The only thing I did not realize was that a 5 minutes car ride can translate on a 40 minutes walk (each way).

I’m not the most athletic person by any means and the walk on an empty stomach and without water was extremely painful. By the time we reached the supermarket, I was just glad to be inside, with the AC on and sun burnt on my chest and neck – I got admit, the Colorado sun is potent!

We also found another great supermarket close to home: there is a King Soopers by Leetsdale and Cheery Creek Dr. that’s gorgeous, everything about that supermarket is great: the gigantic liquor store with cachaça in its shelves, the organization (every isle looks amazing and colorful) and the enormous variety of fresh fruit will totally become my supermarket of choice!

Here are a few images from a weekend filled with new discoveries and relaxation:


{the tilapia + shrimp ceviche I made for dinner on Friday}


{late night swim}


{margaritas while waiting for the doctor to arrive!}


{finally found cachaça in Colorado – a bottle of Leblon sells for $30 here!}


{great Hendrick’s Gin bottles that will perfectly match my vintage bar}

No comments:

Post a Comment