Home

Search This Blog

Cooking: Mousse de Maracujá {passion fruit mousse}

I'm not into sweets at all. I'm a girl who enjoys her salty food. But this fall I took the time to create one of my favorite deserts of all time, a traditional Brazilian recipe: Passion Fruit Mousse or mousse de maracujá. 

It's one of the easiest things to make. I found a recipe {here}. 

5 Passion Fruits
1 can of condensed milk. 
1 can of heavy cream. 

I understand that it's hard to find actual passion fruit in the US (I just asked my boyfriend, he has never seen a passion fruit in his life, much less eaten one), so you can easily substitute the actual fruit for concentrated passion fruit juice, found here. In this case, you use the same can of condensed milk to measure the amount of juice you are going to use. You can mix everything together using a blender and chill it. Serve after one hour. 

In our case, I used our very cute Missoni for Target martini glasses, put sugar cookie in the bottom and the mousse on the top. It was absolutely delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment