Home

Search This Blog

New life...

Here is something I'd NEVER thought I'd ever say: I'm having a little trouble adjusting to a life that's lived inside the house. I mean, it's a little difficult to adjust to working from home, when you are used to a routine of waking up at 5am every morning and working more than 50 hours a week inside a closed, dark office. Not, in any way, I'm complaining, but I need to find balance between the projects I'm taking on all at once and create a routine, that hopefully, will involve time out of the house. 

For that reason, I've lacked inspiration to post anything here, until I saw this commercial from Flor, which is lovely and about explains well, through a story of a girl, what product is all about and that I wish I can incorporate in my future home (or, maybe, my boyfriends' office should be the place to start this experimentation). 



I'm obsessed with floors. I could talk about flooring forever and ever. I have a very profound hate of carpets. I find it disgusting. I understand that carpet is really a cultural thing, that I come from a hot, hot place where carpet could never exist, but I truly don't understand the use of carpet at all. It's a lazy way of hiding dirt, it gathers so much germs, dirt, dust and there are so many very, very small little monsters living in carpets everywhere, and then, people who live with carpet don't understand why they have allergies, or they get sick constantly. 

As you can see, it's a profound feeling of hate that I have towards carpet. 
The same way I believe NOBODY should live anywhere where it's cold, I believe NOBODY should ever commit the style (not to mention, cleanliness) crime that is to install carpet in their homes. 

There are so many amazing options for gorgeous flooring available out there. And I'm not only mentioning the traditional hardwood flooring at all. There is granite, tile, all sorts of tile, marble, concrete, anything in the world is better than having carpet in your home, and believe me, any of the options above can lead to a cleaner, healthier life style. 

But, for the first time in my life I'll talk about carpet. Flor is a hybrid between rug + carpet, that's sold in small squares, so you can be cleaner: you can replace one square after your dog pees in it; and stylish: it's an option for you to use your imagination, go there, mix and match, challenge yourself to create something that's unique and different than the old, regular carpet.

I can't wait to try my first space with Flor and I believe it can become a beautiful option for those who insist on having carpet at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment