Home

Search This Blog

It made my week

Friday has arrived bringing happiness to all! \O/ Always: a very happy day.

This was a long week: I left on Monday to NYC where we participated on a Multicultural TV Conference. On my spare time, I did very little shopping (so unlike me) stopping by H&M and the gigantic Forever 21 on Times Square.

I had the chance to have dinner with my friends, celebrate a birthday and visit a newly purchased home by one of the girls. Just gorgeous! I want pictures of the Laundry sign and of the old drinks cabinet. If she allows me, during my next visit I want to do a feature on her beautiful home!

The interior of the gigantic Forever 21 store on Times Square



Walking around the city I noticed a few things I miss about NYC:

1-     Getting things accomplished in the commute: the train ride if the best opportunity to read a book or listen to a whole album, beginning to end.
2-     People watch: people with style. One thing Colorado will not offer is people with style. Women here are well known to be North Face fleece wearers, it’s simply horrible.
3-     Traffic. I mean, actual traffic, dangerous driving, that kind of things that reminds you are living in a civilized world.
4-     Lights. I miss the abundance of lights from Times Square (and believe me, Times Square is not a place you want to be).
5-     People walking around with H&M bags everywhere. It reminds you that H&M is right there, right around the block!

For the most part, we worked like crazy and I got extremely tired due to the lack of sleep and abundance of snoring from my roommate (yes, we share rooms in this company).


This girl was playing solitaire and listening to music. Of course, she was carrying a Mulberry Alexa - you would never see a person carrying a Mulberry bag in Denver in a thousand years - and the girl in front of her was carry H&M bags!

Coming back home was just a blessing. The weather was great, the skies are blue, the sun shinning and the in-laws, who were visiting, were a great surprise at the airport. We already visited a couple of restaurants together and today they will spend the day in Boulder.

Plans for the weekend?

We will enjoy the outdoors, probably with a visit to the Red Rocks with my boyfriend’s parents tomorrow before they leave. And Sunday, we will visit the Denver Home Show. I’m searching for new interior design ideas and furniture stores in Denver. Let’s see what we can find!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment