Home

Search This Blog

Freedom for my eyes

Good morning, lovelies! It’s finally Friday and this is a different one. While you read this I’m probably getting eye surgery. After 15 years of wearing eyeglasses everyday, sometimes even when I showered, I have decided – and created the courage – to get Lasik done.

I’m a very difficult person. I really cannot handle to have anything touch my eyes. To use contacts I have a hard time, because I can’t touch my eyes myself. So, to cope with the idea that I’d have to go through another surgery awake (last year I had my first awake surgery), it’s not something I was looking forward to.

In the days leading to my surgery I talked about it incessantly and even cried a little. I confess, I’m a baby sometimes. But, yesterday I woke up confident that I’ll walk out of the hospital seeing and that I’ll be able to see many things for the first time, without the help of contact lenses or eye glasses.

What will be left will be a gigantic collection of eye wear. I have many eye glasses; some frames came from Korea especially for me and a collection of sunglasses with prescription lenses. Now, I’m able to actually buy sunglasses without having to take them to the ophthalmologist and change the lenses. I’ll buy them and leave the store wearing them if I want to.

That’s freedom: the main reason why I want to get this done. I’m tired of getting up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and coming back to pick up my glasses because I can’t even see.  Most of all, I’m tired to look like a nerd, a slave of eyewear for most of my life.

To celebrate it, I’ll stop by Nordstrom Rack next week and pick up a cool pair of shades and leave the store wearing them. J

Last week, H&M revealed its March collection which includes plenty of sunglasses and many round sunglasses. I don’t think I’ll be wearing them, but they look super cute.



Images: H&M Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment